My Favourite Movies of the Decade

As 2019 comes to a close and a new decade begins, I wanted to look back at each year's best movie from the past decade. In this instance, I have only ranked movies that I have seen.

2010.
Despicable Me


2011. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2


2012. Avengers Assemble


2013. Now You See Me


2014. Captain America: Winter Soldier


2015. Star Wars: The Force Awakens


2016. Deadpool


2017. Logan


2018. Avengers: Infinity War


2019. Avengers: Endgame

Avengers Endgame
has to be my favourite movie of the decade. I will never forget the experience of seeing it on the opening weekend, with all the associated hype. I clapped, cheered, smiled and
cried, all in the space of three hours. Goosebumps.

Hopefully the next decade will be just as good for movies. Look out for my most anticipated movies of 2020 blog post in the next couple of days.

Comments

  1. I’m going to put in a mention for Inside Out - I loved the idea of using animation to get inside the head of a child (and the emotions inside the adults was good too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good movie but I just like Star Wars: The Force Awakens too much

      Delete
  2. Just for fun, here are my movies of the decade,

    2010. Kick-Ass.
    2011. The Adventures of Tintin: The secret of The Unicorn.
    2012. Avengers Assemble.
    2013. Gravity.
    2014. Whiplash.
    2015. Sicario.
    2016. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.
    2017. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
    2018. A Quiet Place.
    2019. Avengers: Endgame.

    I'd have to say my favourite movie of the decade was Avengers Assemble. A gripping storyline and Marvel introduced the concept of ensemble casts in one of the first team-up movies. Hasn't been bettered, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also a mention for Paddington 2 - so many good touches of humour and Hugh Grant is a fantastic baddie - a really good family film

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again great movie but Logan is a masterpiece

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Isle of Dogs