Avengers: Infinity War

UK Release Date: 26 April 2019
Certification: 12A
Director: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
Cast: Josh Brolin, Bradley Cooper, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Pratt, Mark Ruffalo, Zoe Saldana
Rating: 96%
"Zip it, Thanos."
Review:
[Spoiler] My review of Avengers: Infinity War contains several spoilers.

For me, the best part of Avengers: Infinity War is the development of Thor's character. He has lost everything - a broken God - but despite this remains entertaining throughout most of the movie. I loved the hilarious exchanges with the Guardians of the Galaxy which beautifully sets up the 'Asgardians of the Galaxy.' I hope Thor features prominently in the third Guardians of the Galaxy movie. 

Thanos is my second favourite villain in the MCU, behind Loki. Thanos is the main protagonist of Avengers: Infinity War. If the Russo brothers didn't cleverly afford Thanos the most screen time of any character (29 minutes) then I believe the movie would have been a jumbled mess. Thanos was given ample time to explain his motives, preventing him from being a camp, clichéd villain. The Mad Titan, Thanos, is played exceptionally well by Josh Brolin and is, in my opinion, the best portrayal of a comic book villain since the late Heath Ledger's Joker in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight. Thanos is also one of the first villains to complete their master plan. I kind of wanted him to succeed. Until he snapped Spider-Man.

The two fight scenes at Titan and Wakanda are both excellent and some of the best in the MCU. Out of the two, my favourite would be the battle on Titan, which contains many iconic moments and one of the saddest, when Spider-Man says "Mr Stark, I don't feel so good." 

Throughout the movie, the banter between characters who are meeting for the first time is incredible. Tony Stark and Doctor Strange argue back and forth, Tony Stark and Star-Lord argue about who's in charge and Rocket mischievously asks for Bucky's arm. Watching some of my favourite characters meet each for the first time makes me incredibly excited for future movies.

Even though Avengers: Infinity War is the darkest movie in the MCU, it is perhaps one of the funniest. When Tony Stark says to Ebony Maw, "Get lost Squidward", Mantis believing Kevin Bacon is a member of The Avengers and Drax thinking he's invisible. All and all the movie is really funny. 

In the post-credit scene for Avengers: Infinity War Nick Fury pages Captain Marvel which sets up Captain Marvel's solo outing and her introduction to The Avengers in Avengers: Endgame

My only criticism of Avengers: Infinity War is that Hawkeye and Ant-Man (two of my favourite characters) didn't appear in the movie. Black Widow explains that both are on house arrest, but if fifty percent of the universe was at stake surely you would break curfew and join the fight. Every time The Avengers have been victorious Hawkeye has been fighting alongside them, so I believe if Hawkeye helped fight Thanos, The Avengers would have won.

Comments

  1. How do you remember such detail from these movies? Is it because you have watched them many times or do you take notes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Marvel i learn all the Easter Eggs I watch them all many times. I just love them

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

My Favourite Movies of the Decade

Isle of Dogs